Simulation Project Leader
Madrid, Spain | February 2017 – Present
- Conduct market analyses and develop business cases to sell and deliver simulation training equipment and software; prepare business and tender proposals; define functional specifications; coordinate production and delivery with affiliates and subsidiaries
- Identified sales opportunities to help formulate business strategy; analysed complex national aviation regulations and market studies and attended international aviation training summits; presented conclusions to senior management
- Led ISO 9001 surveillance audit of heavy vehicle simulator project for the Brazilian market, collaborating with Quality department; created and validated management processes and policy documentation
- Advised business development directors and prospects as technical subject matter expert in aviation training
International Business Developer
Madrid, Spain | June 2017 – February 2017
Joined the business development team as an important axis in prospecting, negotiating and closing projects, to manage strategic distributors in LATAM and to coordinate ongoing projects.
- Won 2 public tenders for industrial equipment training simulators in Panama and Guatemala that generated €430k; prepared technical and economic proposals; oversaw manufacturing, software development and delivery logistics
- Sold customized forklift training simulator to a leading global packaging solutions company; collaborated with client to identify needs and define final solution
- Created processes and documentation to support implementation of the company’s first project management office
Operations Analysis Manager
São Paulo, Brazil | September 2015 – June 2017
Hired to co-lead the world’s largest car driving simulation project with over 4,500 units in the Brazilian market. Playing a key role in designing and implementing the after-sales service and business operations.
- Led expense management department as Cost Director; hired 3 people and managed a team of 4 to support 150-member aftersales team; implemented new KPIs and expense management processes; reduced report generation time by 30% and identified unbilled services which increased aftersales invoice value by 45%
- Established parts management function to monitor and control parts spending; created 3-month parts forecast with a 90% accuracy; improved transparency, resolved a cash-flow crisis and significantly eased inter-departmental tensions
- Managed aftersales information system as product manager; implemented enhancements to support aftersales operations; created new management module to control simulator installation process coordinating aftersales team and distributor’s commercial team and provided real-time data to stakeholders
- Collaborated with Logistics Department to launch 13 intermediate warehouse facilities across Brazil to reduce aftersales response time; analysed regional spare parts demand to optimise geographic footprint
China and Spain | September 2014 – July 2015
- Delivered branding and web design projects for clients in the wine, forex and home furnishingmarkets in China and Spain
Shanghai, China | July 2013 – July 2014
Lead and foster a team of 7 multicultural members throughout concurrent projects focused on the Chinese digital marketing industry.
- Lead and foster a team of 7 multicultural members throughout concurrent projects focused on the Chinese digital industry
- Delivered 6 digital marketing assignments for clients in industries including real-state and food retail; managed multicultural team of 7 and oversaw external service providers to develop websites and execute social media strategies
- Conducted e-commerce strategy review for a leading sanitary ware company, collaborating with 2Open CEO and client representative; asserted control over e-sales to protect offline distribution; project resulted in the opening of 5 new shops on 3 e-commerce platforms producing US$700k turnover
- Conceived and introduced project-based internal organizational structure and standard operating procedures
- Ensured customer satisfaction, developed a good relationship with them quickly and worked effectively and calmly in a pressurised environment.
- Assisted the CEO in identifying the company’s roadmap and in defining, implementing and executing strategic projects.
Shanghai, China | February 2013 – June 2013
Employed as a team-member of consultants with whom conducted market research and business development for different clients in the Chinese market.
- Developed digital marketing strategy for a leading sanitary ware company which delivered 4.5mn website views/year, 250k followers on Weibo and 8.5k followers on WeChat; collaborated in a team of 4
- Promoted after only 5 months due to performance
- Built data models for more than 7,000 entries, obtaining information to facilitate client decision making.
- Developed consistent communication with clients during meetings and presented ideas and findings.
Information Specialist, Talent Programme
Madrid, Spain | April 2012 – January 2013
- Selected among the top 1% of 3,000+ candidates to join high-potential talent development internship program
- Created a relational database in MySQL to support a new issue tracking system and migrated existing data to it
- Helped to troubleshoot a breakdown on the legacy still running information system programmed in an unfamiliar language in less than a week
- Defined the system requirements specification under the ‘IEEE 830-1998’ recommended practice after conducting personal interviews to assess the needs of the new system
- Awarded honours for final year thesis on market research of Chinese sanitary ware industry (Master’s Program)
- Awarded three-year half-tuition basketball scholarship (Bacherlor’s Program)
- Programming Languages:
MySQL, HTML, CSS, CAD/CAM and C/C++.
- Computer Tools:
MS Excel, MS Project, MS Visio, Photoshop, InDesign, Lightroom, Solidworks, and AutoCAD.
- Spanish: Mother Tongue
- English: Fluent, TOEFL 113
- Portuguese: Business
- Mandarin: Basic
MSc in Industrial Engineering. Management Intensification
Madrid, Spain | 2009 – 2015
Final Thesis: “Market research of the Sanitary Ware Industry in China.” Earning Honours.
Studies abroad, part of MSc in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
Reykjavík, Iceland | 2010 – 2011
Selected under the Erasmus Programme to study as an exchange student in Reykjavík. Completing the first academic year out of two of the study programme.
BSc in Industrial Engineering. Mechanical Intensification
Ávila, Spain | 2005 – 2008
Final thesis: “Coaching: From the sport to the business.”
Granted with a Basketball Scholarship, combining the study programme with up to 30 hours per week of basketball professional practice.