Business Development and Project Manager
Madrid, Spain | June 2017 – February 2017
Joined the business development team as an important axis in prospecting, negotiating and closing projects, to manage strategic distributors in LATAM and to coordinate ongoing projects.
- Designed the structuring and implementation of the company’s first project management office.
- Drew up technical and economic proposals for specific projects, new solutions and services, and tenders.
- Managed large multinational company accounts for the development of ad-hoc solutions.
- Coordinated projects, at a commercial and development level, of up to USD 500,000 with the different departments and agents involved.
Operations Analysis Manager
São Paulo, Brazil | September 2015 – June 2017
Hired to co-lead the world’s largest car driving simulation project with over 4,000 units in the Brazilian market. Playing a key role in designing and implementing the after-sales service and business operations. Acting as a Cost Director and mentoring a four-person team.
- Headed and controlled an information system integration with the partner company to provide true real-time information about the operations to the investor.
- Implemented KPIs and processes to facilitate monthly invoicing reporting, reducing cycle generation by over 30%.
- Formulated and engineered a decentralization of the parts stock by opening over ten intermediate units Brazil-wide, reducing response time and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Diagnosed after-sales processes finding inefficiencies that, after standardized, yielded a 45% increase in invoicing value from maintenance services.
- Devised a procedure to analyze and forecast the breakage of parts that allowed to measure the minimum stock of spare parts and to forecast the financial impact over time through purchase orders.
Project Manager and Business Consultant
Shanghai, China | July 2013 – July 2014
Promoted after 5 months to lead and foster a team of 7 multicultural members throughout concurrent projects focused on the Chinese digital industry.
- Conceived and introduced a Standard Operating Procedure for a projectized organization culture along with role definition.
- Led the team to successfully solve a project crisis, minimizing the impact and obtaining the acknowledgment from the client owners.
- Evaluated temporary deviations on the projects, reducing tasks delays by up to 50%.
- Ensured customer satisfaction, developed rapport with customers and worked efficiently and calmly under pressure.
- Assisted top-level management to identify company’s roadmap and to define, set up and run internal projects achieving established strategic goals.
- Defined standard documentation for the projects life cycle, communications, and reporting.
- Delegated tasks to the team, placing emphasis on individual strengths, and team synergies.
Shanghai, China | February 2013 – June 2013
Employed as a team-member of consultants with whom conducted market research and business development for different clients in the Chinese market.
- Audited clients and competitors’ practices, identifying industry patterns and improvement opportunities.
- Built data models for over 7,000 entries, obtaining insights to facilitate decision making for the client board of directors.
- Communicated consistently with clients during meetings and expounded ideas and insights founded in the research.
Talent Programme: Information Specialist
Madrid, Spain | April 2012 – January 2013
Selected under the talent search program of the company among thousands of candidates, assigned to Customers Operative Support Department, and tasked with the creation and implementation of a new information system.
- Programmed an information system enhancing the operations performance by 11%.
- Defined the system requirements specification under the ‘IEEE 830-1998’ recommended practice after conducting personal interviews to assess the needs of the new system.
- Helped to troubleshoot a breakdown on the legacy still running information system programmed in an unfamiliar language in less than a week.
- Successfully solved data migration congruence from the previous legacy system.
- Honored with the only scholarship of the Basketball Club Óbila in Spain to accomplish the Bachelor of Science programme while playing basketball from 2005 to 2008.
- Programming Languages:
MySQL, HTML, CSS, CAD/CAM, C/C++, and VBA.
- Computer Tools:
MS Excel, MS Project, Photoshop, InDesign, Lightroom, Solidworks, and AutoCAD.
- Spanish: Mother Tongue.
- English: Fluent, Daily Use (C2).
- Portuguese: Intermediate, Daily Working Use (B2).
- Mandarin: Basic Conversation (A1).
MSc in Industrial Engineering. Management Intensification
Madrid, Spain | 2009 – 2015
Final Thesis: “Market research of the Industry in China.” Earning the grade of Cum Laude.
Studies abroad, part of MSc in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
Reykjavík, Iceland | 2010 – 2011
Selected under the Erasmus Programme to study as an exchange student in Reykjavík. Completing the first academic year out of two of the study programme.
BSc in Industrial Engineering. Mechanical Intensification
Ávila, Spain | 2005 – 2008
Final thesis: “Coaching: From the sport to the business.”
Granted with a Basketball Scholarship, combining the study programme with up to 30 hours per week of basketball professional practice.